April 11, 2010

Overheard in Richmond

Overheard yesterday in Mongrel:

40s-50s age woman, reading a coaster or shot glass or something out loud: "You know you're drunk when you can't lie on the floor without holding on."

Elderly man with her: "I know how that is."

I laughed to myself.

After getting all dressed up to go to a disappointing alumni recruitment committee reception that consisted of me, 3 staff, and 2 old couples, I stopped in Carytown on the way home to see if Chop Suey had any interesting books on their sidewalk sale rack (they didn't). I bought myself a pair of oversized black sunglasses in Bygones instead, and ran into a college friend who had been walking around Carytown taking photos to "make her own art." Walking back to my car, I weaved through the line for Avatar at The Byrd, which had reached the end of the block already.

No comments:

Post a Comment