April 20, 2010

Dreams of fantasy cruises

Had another of my incredibly detailed, weird o dreams last night. This one was at least enjoyable and not disturbing. It's funny when real-life and real-world things work themselves into your dreams.

I was trying to fly somewhere, but all the flights were congested and stalled and people were having trouble getting them (real world-volcano ash problem). Somehow, the plane was not a plane, but essentially a giant parking lot/parking garage, and I kept seeing all kinds of people I knew from H.S. and college. I was sitting with Patrick from the Boka Truck (I've run into him 2x in the last week, so that made sense) and we were having a grand ole time and getting along quite well. Suddenly, Joe comes up and he looks forlorn because he was supposed to be going someplace else but got stuck on this flight thing and there were no seats. We happened to have seats near us, so he sat there.

Then the dream switches to a bigger thing, like the plane was suddenly a cruise ship, but it was like a virtual world, it was all fantastical and like a little moving island of sorts. There were cars and grass and trees and even this water like substance that people were swimming and walking and boating on. The water turned out not to be water, but millions of tiny silvery stones that gave the impression of water. It was all verry surreal. I had gone back to my seat to get money to buy food and ran into someone, some sort of authority figure in my life, or a colleague that has more experience than me. She offered to do a "reading" of me, some sort of psychic thing. I told her I barely had $ for food, but she offered to do it for free. In the dream, I never got the chance to figure that out, because when we went outside, we were so amazed by all the things this plane/cruise had on it, that we never got to the reading.

The problem I have with dream interpretation is that I am never just dreaming about one thing, like falling, or teeth, or knives. My dreams are complicated and interweaved and often about the doing, not things. So I'm never sure if I have several of these "things" in my dreams, if that means my subconcious is thinking about all of them , or if there's a dominant theme I should pay attention to.

Dream Moods says:
Cruise
To dream that you are on a cruise, represents some emotional journey that you are going through. The dream may also be a pun on "cruising" through situations in your life with ease and little effort.
Airplane
To dream that you are flying an airplane, suggests that you are in complete control of your destination in life. You are confident and self-assured in your decisions and accomplishments.
Fantasy
To dream of a fantasy world, may be a way for your mind to highlight what is normal. Alternatively, the dream may be telling you to expand your thinking and use your imagination and creativity. Explore all your options no matter how strange or illogical it may be.

1 comment:

  1. Neat! As you know I so often don't remember the crazy dreams I have, at least not to this sort of detail. I do wonder what it all really means tho...

    ReplyDelete