April 23, 2010

Chased

I'm not trying to turn this into a dream blog all of a sudden, but when I have particularly weird and interesting ones, I want to write about them.

I am going to blame my dream from Wednesday night on the fact that when I came home from work yesterday, I fell asleep on my loveseat, book open on my lap, for 4 straight hours. Then I got up, went to sleep on the couch for another 3 hours, and then finally got in bed. So I slept an entire night's sleep before I actually went to bed. Total sleep hours: 12. Yipes.

So Wednesday's dream. It was a "being chased/trying to get away dream" which is maybe why I was tired the next day. I dreamt a band of militant, crazy, anti-terrorism people were going around my neighborhood and rounding up people, kidnapping them and making them join their group. You couldn't resist their force, and you knew that if they didn't get you yet, it was only a matter of time, because they'd gotten everyone else. Like with all my dreams, there's never a logical order to my dreams. Many friends from different areas and times in my life were in it. At one point, I was physically fighting off a burly attacker and losing and remember threatening that I was going to call my dad and he was going to come beat them up. Here's what's trippy: Clearly, my dream self must have been thinking of the fit, strong dad of my youth, not the one that would be old and fragile now at my current age. In the dream, I actually called my dad, and halfway through calling realized that my dad was dead (which in real life is true, he died last year) I remember being so sad to realize that. It wasn't as if my dad and I were close for most of the last part of his life, but I guess a little girl always wants her daddy to protect her.

In other parts of the dream, we kept trying to come up with plans to escape, and some of it involved actual flying (like superhero flying) and hiding and getting lost in crowds, and scaling tall buildings, all very odd things. At one point, we were in a movie theater and thought we had lost them, but then they found us.

Dream interpretation from Dream Moods:
Chase
To dream that you are being chased, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity.

Imprisonment
To dream that you are imprisoned, suggests that you are feeling trapped or unable to move beyond a certain point. Perhaps your outdated beliefs or old ways of thinking is preventing you from going forward

I think these both stem from some of the anxiety I was having this week over getting work done and my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment