September 12, 2009

Rehoboth in September (the food)

It was mostly cold and cloudy the whole time we were in Rehoboth but we had fun anyway. Lots of good food and drink (my favorite part of trips!). More photos and updates to come in another post.

Had a fancy dinner at Pig+Fish. I'd been there once before for appetizers and happy hour and liked the atmosphere.

This was the best salad I've had in a long time. Asian Bistro-$6.95 for small- julienne napa + bok choy cabbages, iceberg, cilantro, shredded carrots, sesame seeds, wonton crisps, spicy ginger vinaigrette. I got the small one, but wished I'd just ordered this large one instead of my flatbread pizza.


My companion enjoyed the Caesar-$6.95 for a small.


This was one of their specialty cocktails, the Prickly Pear-$7. Absolut pear vodka, triple sec, blue curacao, pineapple and a splash of sour. It's a shame it had the blue curacao, because it takes over everything in a drink. I was also majorly disappointed that it came in a boring old water glass with a thick water straw. If you are going to have a specialty named cocktail, it needs to come in a pretty glass.

To the right of my blue drink was my date's Passion lemonade - $7.50 -Smirnoff passion fruit vodka, lemonade, and splash of sprite and club soda


This was my flatbread, the Fresca- $9.95 - plum tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, red onions, garlic, balsamic glaze.

It was not good. Looked like they just dumped a can of tomatoes and mozzarella on it. I could have made something like this myself. And I'm def not a cook. There was a sweet glaze that didn't go with the other flavors. I was really disappointed, and that says a lot, because I love Pizza.

My date got the Shrimp lejon - $11.95 - bacon, horseradish cream, scallions, monterey jack, cheddar cheeses

He loved it. I tasted part of the pizza without the shrimp on it (I don't eat seafood) and the flavors were much more complex than mine.

Overall it was a very affordable, good dinner. It was nice to get dressed up and go out to eat and not pay $35/plate like some of the fine-dining restaurants in Rehoboth were charging. Hello, recession?

1 comment:

  1. I saw that pizza and thought it looked so good. I am sad it was not delicious. I also agree that colorful drinks need to be in something more than a water glass. It's all about the presentation!

    ReplyDelete