June 24, 2010

Touching Strangers



Do something that will make your night. First, read below about Richard Rinaldi's exhibit Touching Strangers. From his site:


Touching Strangers is an ongoing photographic project stemming from my interest in the dynamics of group portraiture. The premise of this work is simple. I meet two or more people on the street who are strangers to each other and to me. I ask them if they will pose for a photograph together with the stipulation that they must touch each other in some manner...

My objective was to introduce an unpredictable variable in a very traditional photographic formula: to create a spontaneous and fleeting relationship between complete strangers in front of my 8 x 10 view camera.

Though these situations involve orchestrated collaborations between subject and photographer, the emotions captured are both genuine and honest. Touching Strangers encourages viewers to think about how we relate physically to one another.

Then, go to this link right now to view his photographs in a slide show, make it full screen.You may have to click to forward the photos.

Then click this link to get to the song, sync it up, press play.

Song: The Crane Wife 3 by The Decemberists.

I just happened to have it playing when I went to view the photos. They go amazingly well together. It will make your night. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment