May 18, 2010

can you see me?

I feel like this picture is a good indicator of my mood. Dark and stormy in the background, but those cheery flowers are shining.

I am in a weird mood and do not wish to be, so I am spending my morning looking through my Wordnik list of vocab words, hungrily eating up the images on Sandra Juto's site, drinking coffee, and writing. It's always strange when someone tries to analyze you, especially if you feel like they are analyzing you wrong, or even scarily--correctly. Maybe this is why most people like to surround themselves with familiar people. Much as I like meeting new people and making new friends, it's scary, because then you have to be on, you have to try to establish a connection, get them to see the real you. I don't let people in easily, though when I really do connect with someone, it's easy to. I don't volunteer parts of myself, but I share easily if asked in the right way.

Here, have some words:
ersatz: adjective. Being an imitation or a substitute, usually an inferior one; artificial

sylph: noun. A slim, graceful woman or girl.

renege: intransitive verb. To fail to carry out a promise or commitment (I didn't know how to spell this for the longest time).

aplomb: noun. Self-confident assurance; poise

No comments:

Post a Comment