January 2, 2010

New Years was dark



My camera is so crappy and only takes acid-camera or dark/blurry shots. Attended a lovely party, were light sabers involved. Also, salsa dancing which I just don't do enough. As I type this, suddenly, there is a cat in my lap.



I did have a rockin outfit though, with my grandmother jewels.




This photo ended up looking like something from a scary movie. It was foggy on NYE, and these people are standing at the edge of an overlook over the city. I couldn't walk outside without breaking into the song The Fog. I sang it in 6th grade chorus. It's a canon, in minor key, and the lyrics are from a Carl Sandburg poem. I'm sure everyone else thought I was just strange. Disappointingly, I just looked all over the Internet and can't find an audio or video of it.

Fog
Carl Sandburg (1878-1967)

The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbour and city.
on silent haunches
and then moves on.




I've been off since before Christmas, and a lot of my holiday has been spent lazily, starting with mornings that look like this.

2 comments:

  1. Love your necklaces! Another Richmond blogger? I need to meet you! Email me, doll, if you're interested in meeting up. I'm desperate for fashionable friends here!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your NYE look! Sorry I didn't make it out. I've been cooped up with the death plague all weekend (which is NOT FAIR because this is the same way I spent New Year's last year as well).

    ReplyDelete