January 25, 2010

cats and cookies.

I can't say no to a funny cat video. If I were single, posting this would TOTALLY be getting me laid. (Video found from The Bloggess, which I found from The Checkout Girl)

I went to my local natural food grocer for the first time in like, 2 years last night because I was reminded they have an excellent, healthy hot bar (read: expensive). Every time I'm in that store, I crave refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup, and since I don't recognize any of the brands, I feel a bit like I did when I was studying abroad in Spain--no way to know if the product was any good or not.

So anyhoo, I do like healthy food, and was starved, and so I coughed up ELEVEN DOLLARS for like, 3 things. I must admit, I love this store because of the free samples. Grocery shopping makes a gal hungry, and I like to try before I buy. Well let me tell you about the heaven that was a gluten free cookie I found. I must have eaten 10 samples (self serve, baby) and finally went over and bought the pricey $2.47 or so cookie because it was the GREATEST THING I'VE TASTED. And get this, it's a Raspberry (just a tiny bit in the center) and Coconut cookie. Now not only does this sound like a cookie your grandma eats that's always the last one left on the plate, but I don't really like cookies, and I HATE coconut. The texture is odd, the flavor is not that good, but gosh darnit, this thing was amazing. Soft, sweet, probably about 5.5 inches in diameter.

(I just polished off this cookie as I write this and will plan to return to cough up some more cash for more later)

1 comment:

  1. Coconut freaks me out too. But that sounds good...

    ReplyDelete