March 22, 2010

Daily Pep Talk

Daily Pep Talk From A Best Friend knows what I need often when I don't.
She posts little "pick-me-ups" and pep talks, which could sound cheesy, but are really nice. Sometimes you need a positive reminder. I am a cynical optimist, but the emphasis there is optimist. I really am a happy person. I'm trying to give myself time right now to adjust, to be sad, to be cynical, to be anti-social, and I need that time, but I'm trying not to get sucked into the dark place. I want to see the light. I want to be my normal cheerful, enthusiastic self, but it's just hard to do that right now. I don't want to socialize, then feel bad for wasthing perfectly good days doing nothing. I get tired of making all the plans all the time. I don't reach out for help if I need it. I've been taking care of myself for too long. So when I'm left suddenly truly alone, it's hard to figure out where to go.

Here are some of her pep talks below:
Dating is not so bad.
Pep talk: If this one isn't THE one, you'll survive without them. It's daunting to go back to dating but you can handle it. You're foxy as hell and you will not settle.
Today remind yourself: Dating is not so bad.

You can forgive.
Pep talk: Forgiveness frees you from the pain of the past. It allows you to progress and to stop feeling like shit. If you forgive, you don’t necessarily have to forget, but you can at least stop obsessively thinking about who done you wrong. I can’t even wrap my head around how angry and twisted my life would be without forgiveness. Forgiveness is a blessing.
Today remind yourself: I can forgive.

You're boldly going.
Pep talk: If you don't care what a person thinks, don't ask for their opinion. You know you're heading in the right direction and you can be confident without feedback.
Today remind yourself: I'm boldly going.

She's started lately to post videos of things she's edited for Gawker, which I don't care for as much and detract from the message of her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment