February 11, 2010

Not a problem

I'm going to choose to call the amount of wine I've drank in the last 2 weeks "European" and not "drinking problem."

So remember Tuesday night's wine comparison?

(wine comparison, with @bcarr in the background)

The one on the left was the CA Merlot I said sucked. Well after talking to the wine guy at Kroger tonight, I think it's very possible the wine had turned because wine isn't supposed to smell dirty/musty. I'm glad to know I'm not crazy.

The bottle of Rex & Goliath white was eagerly drunken by my guest, but since the drunken makeout Kugel Ball of 2007, I can't touch white wine anymore.

So tonight, I realized a bottle @rvafashionista had brought me awhile ago was nearly 2 dollars off ($11.69), so I grabbed one, after a nice lesson on Italian wines from the wine guy. Did you know that Chianti is a region in Tuscany that grows the Sangiovese grape?

Santa Cristina
2008
Sangiovese (90% Sangiovese 10% Merlot)

(My point-and-shoot sucks)

The bottle I had was 2007, this one is 2008, but it's still very drinkable. Light-medium bodied, a bit of bite at first taste, smooth aftertaste, dry but not too dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment